Thursday, June 11, 2009

So the journey begins...

I am definitely on a journey.  I have probably learned more and grown more in the last 6 months than I have in the last 6 years - and my husband would probably agree.  I don't know what it is or what has caused this sudden "growth spurt" but I am liking it.  Don't misunderstand though, it is hard.  I feel challenged so often - over little and big things - and I have lost my footing more than once.  It is almost as though my identity is changing.

For many, many years I felt called to work with children.  I was a teacher and always wanted to be a mom.  I still feel that I can relate to kids and LOVE being home with my own.  She is amazing and funny and is just a true picture of love.  But, I am starting to realize more that I may have pigeon holed myself into thinking kids were my thing.  More and more I am loving to encourage other women.  And it isn't even that I think I do a good job of it, I just love talking with them.  I am finding that if I can share something about myself - a struggle, funny story, whatever - and it reaches someone else, it is deeply satisfying to me.  I feel like God is speaking to me more clearly than ever (and still a little fuzzy most of the time) and has given me words to share with certain people.  I truly feel God at work in my life.  I just cannot explain how satisfying that is.  This is the first time ever I feel like I am remotely getting at his purpose for me.  How amazing!  I could go on and on because I've found that when you find something your excited about and passionate about it just wants to spill over.

I am so blessed!  I love hearing from my friends who are much wiser that I am.  I have learned so much sharing and talking and reading what they've written.  I am thankful for those people who have opened my eyes.  One of those good friends introduced me to Kim Walker, a worship leader in Redding, CA.  Here's a link to one of her songs on YouTube.  It is appropriately called I Surrender.  Read the words, it is amazing!  I hope that God will bless you as you listen!

1 comment:

  1. Katy, you are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your journey and allowing me to grow along with you!

    ReplyDelete