Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blah

So I am feeling kind of "blah" at the moment, well for the last few days really.  The strange thing is, I couldn't really put my finger on it until I just read my friend's blog.  She was talking about how we plan and then things don't happen according to our plan (go figure) and we know that.  So in response we try to let go and try to do our best knowing that God's timing and plan are SO much greater than ours.  But it just isn't easy.  She continued by hitting home what I have probably been failing to do these last few days of blahness - surrender.

There are a few different circumstances swirling around me that I really thought would be worked out be now, figured out.  But they aren't.  Just as much of a mystery (and frustration) as they were 2, 6, even 9 months ago.  So, I am reminded by my dear friend who (probably without knowing it) knew exactly what I needed to hear.  I'll surrender every day, every hour, who am I kidding - every second!

I know God's plan is so much bigger and better than mine.  He's shown me that over and over and over.  This is a journey.  He is preparing me.  For what?  I'm not exactly sure.  I know that I need to get to the other said of the mountain, but I can't even see the top from where I stand.  The good thing about this is that I know God is just a step in front of me, with a path laid out.  He waiting patiently for me to take the next step, to trust that he has the right answer and is guiding and directing me ever so softly.

My friend and I will be ok.  Maybe we'll lean more on each other in the coming days and weeks and months.  We'll get this lesson God is trying to teach...for now, I surrender knowing that my plan is not near what His is!  I take comfort in that!!

1 comment: